Monday, November 17, 2008

Use Internet Explorer (IE) in Firefox

Quick Answer : Install Firefox Plugin - IE Tab.

Firefox is great but there are some web pages out there that Firefox cannot render the page properly. One of the cause is that some web pages use HTML code or some script that can be rendered by Internet Explorer. Such a very nice example comes from my university registration website.

REG CHULA is the nickname of the website as called by most students here.

This is actually a menu on the left side of the page seen on Firefox. Pretty messy, eh?

There are some solutions to this problem. 1. Use Internet Explorer (obviously!) 2. Since my friends and I are computer engineering students (Geeks!), we are pretty addicted to Firefox. My friend, Teerapap, developed a Firefox plugin called "FireRegChula". He wrote a script that can be run from Greasmonkey. This solves the problem from REG CHULA well.

But, if you want a true IE inside Firefox, you will need this plugin: IE Tab.

After you install and restart Firefox, notice the lower right corner Firefox logo. Click on it to switch to IE. Click again to switch back. You can also configure it to activate IE automatically for a preconfigured website.

5 comments:

  1. oh just found your site.
    thanks for mentioned about my stuff. :)

    My another technical blog is here
    http://teerapap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks for visiting my blog. I've just add you to my links.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a matter of course, the Internet security level is set to medium. It prompts the client preceding the downloading of conceivably risky or vindictive substance and it additionally keeps unsigned ActiveX controls from downloading. http://how-to-remove.org/malware/adware-removal/savingscool-removal/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is realy a Nice blog post read on of my blogs It is really helpful article please read it too my blog Firefox not loading Pages you can visits our websites or toll free no +1-866-558-4555. solve your problem fastly.

    ReplyDelete